Friday, August 10, 2012

What's The Point?

 I am totally having a "Why bother" moment here. My sales suck, I am blogging, tweeting, and networking myself to death and still it doesn't seem to make a difference.  My poor titles are destined to remain buried beneath a hundred thousand other titles where they will die in obscurity.  Yep..I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I've got family drama, money drama, kids to feed, animals to feed, a house that looks like a tornado went through it and I sit here wondering where my creative mojo went....really???  I haven't written a cohesive sentence or even picked up my sketchbook to work on the illustrations for my next book in over a week, but I have managed to watched 10,000 hours of Olympic coverage, a Bear's game, and the new episode of Project Runway.  It is obvious that I have lost focus.

It's not like I haven't TRIED to find it. I had every intention of picking that sketch book up and getting some work done, but when I reached for it the phone rang and I talked to my cousin for an hour. Then I made a pot of coffee and I tried again, one little sketch, just to get the creative juices flowing, but I dropped my pencil under the couch. I retrieved the pencil but found a host of other nasty little things hiding under the couch that I had to get rid of...hair ties, silverware, Halloween candy from three years ago.  By then I was exhausted and needed a nap. Then it was school physical, daughter to tennis practice, yet another marathon phone call and supper.

Now that all that is taken care of, I settle into my chair. My sketch pad sits on the floor next to me, and I look at it....but the Bear's game is starting. How can I possibly focus on drawing when my beloved Monster of the Midway are playing????  Well, I can't...I know my limitations. By the time the game is over, it's just too late to start anything tonight.  Tomorrow is another day, after all.

Tomorrow I will blog, and tweet, and network. My title is free on amazon so I will watch the numbers of downloads rise and hope for some decent reviews at least. I will find my mojo and actually get some work done...after I've had my coffee, of course.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Snake-Pit-Torture-ebook/dp/B006RO3NP2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344571583&sr=8-2&keywords=donna+dillon

4 comments:

  1. One day at a time, add coffee, and repeat. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is always horrible for sales. Keep your head up.

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! It will come! Build it and they will come... as someone said! And as someone else once said, yeah, baby, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you! I'm following from Book Blogs!

    Candace
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete